“The Nanaimo Diamonds Synchronized Swim Club fosters a positive environment where swimmers of all abilities have the opportunity to reach their potential.”
- To provide a high standard of coaching and training for all swimmers,
- To provide an opportunity to achieve excellence through competition, good sportsmanship and physical fitness,
- To provide recreational introduction to synchronized swimming,
- To provide opportunity for fun, camaraderie and travel,
- To provide a program that best suits swimmers individual needs and abilities, in order to help them achieve their goals.
History of Our Club
The Nanaimo Diamonds Synchro Club was established in 1984 by a group of passionate parents and dedicated swimmers who followed through with their vision, and here we are today The governing philosophy of the Club is to provide the best in training opportunities for our swimmers.
Our club is registered under the BC Societies Act. This status allows us to operate as a non-profit organization. We are members of the Canadian Amateur Synchronized Swimming Association and of Synchro BC.
We have built and maintained a strong reputation for producing teams, as well as individuals, that place in medal standings at various levels of competitions. In the past ten years our club has almost tripled its numbers sitting at just over 50 athletes, from our Development Programs which include swimmers as young as five years old to our Masters Programs which have fifty years young athletes!
Our athletes have been placing consistently in the Top 5 Provincially, and in the last five years, have been Gold Medal Provincial Champions in almost all their events.
We have had athletes recognised at Nanaimo’s Annual Pacific Sports Awards Night.
In 2010, our club had seven of our athletes represent Zone 6 at the BC Summer Games…our Zone came away with 6 Gold, 3 Silver and 2 Bronze medals, as well as winning the Aggregate Award.